Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette + surviving thanksgiving

Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette


Hello, friend.

I know this is my second grape recipe in a row. Don’t patronize me! Times are hard and utterly arduous as a college student. Though in all honesty, I had extra grapes stored tightly in an empty yogurt container in my freezer. I take what I can get. Soooo, it’s Thanksgiving time! I, like every other food blogger on the interweb, LOVE the holidays. There is something completely mesmerizing about the art of gathering around a big table, surrounded by the warmth of food, and having the air filled with light-hearted conversation between loved ones. The act of bringing people together is what I cherish most about this time of year. That, and the insane amount of food

More than just eating, I love the process of preparation when it comes to the Thanksgiving meal. Taking nothing and turning it into something beautiful and delicious is an act like no other. I love being able to stir the stuffing and watch as the turkey turns a beautiful roasted amber color. I love the smells that radiate from the kitchen and mingle throughout the entire house. I love rolling out pie crusts and making the perfect roux. It’s the process that gravitates me to food.

With our aprons tied tightly, Momma Crawford and I will start preparing the meal. Being away at school, I seem never to have the time to cook or bake, never the less cook with Momma. I love when we are in the kitchen together, flour scattered from one end of the room to the other, all the while, the radio blasting Chicago musical show tunes. Being able to make food with Momma is one of my many joys in life. It’s my sense of perfection. A true state of happiness. I cherish these moments more than anything.


And with that, I say have a grape Thanksgiving my friends! 

Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette


Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette

inspired by the NY Times recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought
  • 2 cups seedless grapes, sliced
  • ½ cup sugar
  • Pinch of salt
  • ½ lemon juiced and grated
  • 3 to 4 tablespoons corn starch
  • 2 tablespoons Huckleberry jam or blackberry jam 
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 egg
  • Heavy cream, as needed


Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll the dough (either store-bought or homemade) out into a 12-inch round (it can be ragged). Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and chill while preparing the filling.
  2. For the grape filling: Toss together the grapes, all but a tablespoon of sugar, the salt, the lemon juice and zest, and the cornstarch. Pile fruit on the dough circle, leaving one 1/2-inch border. Gently fold the pastry over the fruit, pleating to hold it in (sloppy is fine).
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and cream. Brush pastry generously with egg and cream mixture. Sprinkle remaining sugar on the crust. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the filling, bubbles up vigorously, and the crust is golden. Cool for at least 20 minutes on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.


Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette Roasted Grape & Huckleberry Jam Galette

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLOG HAS MOVED!!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Hello, friend.  TermiNatetor Kitchen has officially moved to Wix! to continue reading, please visit  http:/...