Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whiskey dark chocolate sauce

Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen

Hello, friend. 

I’m back, with a recipe and two exciting pieces of news. If you follow me (on any form of social media for that matter) you’ll know that I am absolutely terrible at updating people on what is happening in my life. It’s half me forgetting to and half contemplating if there is anything of importance worth sharing. What I do want to share is that I’ve been thinking (now that’s a scary thought!) a lot about the blog and where I want to see it go in the coming months. My goal is to expand upon it. I hope to go from a sole “food blog” and evolve it into a more “lifestyle blog”, with posts on photography, writing, style, behind the scenes, travels, reviews, videos, and etc. Will that ever happen? Frankly, whose to say. I’m not entirely sure what I want to do! I’m just a twenty-something with big dreams and a little blog. When I know, I will probably forget to tell you. 

Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen
Mullins/Swiontek Wedding Mullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI Champaign Cocktails HGI Home2 Reception HGI Morning Photography


Anywho, so the news. First, I am very excited to share that I was the head photographer at this year’s Homer Soda Festival. The soda festival is this day long event of food, music, cars, and classic sodas. About a year ago, I did a sponsored post for the Homer Soda Company. When the announcement for this year’s festival was shared, I reached out to the HSC and asked if they needed a photographer to capture the events of the festival. They surprisingly accepted my offer and I was hired! I will be sharing all my photos and thoughts from the festival in a future blog post, so stay tuned for that! The festival has grown to national recognition in the soda world in recent years, so it was truly exciting to be able to try all the different sodas and network with the variety of brands and wholesalers.



Secondly, I started my second internship! Well technically I started a few weeks ago, but I still started nonetheless. I am interning in the sales department at the HGI-CU for the entire summer. Along with weddings/sales, my main job is controlling and overseeing the social media and photography aspects of the hotel. I will be working on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, which is really exciting. I am also in charge of creating content and photographing aspects of the hotel, including drink/food specials, areas around the hotel, and events within our banquet center. It’s such a privilege and opportunity to be able to photograph and work with/for a wonderful hotel like the HGI. I am excited to see what is in store for me this summer! Below I included a few of the photos I've taken since the start of my internship. 


Cocktails HGI Cocktails HGICocktails HGI
Cocktails HGI Cocktails HGI HGI Morning Photography HGI Morning Photography HGI Morning Photography HGI Morning Photography HGI Morning Photography Mullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI Champaign Mullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI Champaign Mullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI Champaign Mullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI Champaign Mullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI Champaign Mullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI Champaign Mullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI Champaign Mullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI ChampaignMullins/Swiontek Wedding at the HGI Champaign


//
Celebrating Memorial Day the right way, with a cold cocktail!
//

Memorial Day Cocktail Memorial Day Cocktail

//
Hiking through Turkey Run State Park with some friends 
//

Hike at Turkey Run State Park Hike at Turkey Run State Park IMG_0185 Hike at Turkey Run State ParkHike at Turkey Run State Park Hike at Turkey Run State Park Hike at Turkey Run State Park Hike at Turkey Run State Park

//
Back to the recipe!
//

A couple weeks back I developed a strawberry compote recipe for Breadsense. I had roughly one full mason jar left of it sitting in my fridge. With summer upon us, I thought there was no better time than ever to whip up a batch of no-churn ice cream! I LOVE no-churn ice cream. Do you have heavy cream, sweetened condense milk, and 6 hours of waiting? Then you have time to experience the joy that is no-churn ice cream! This is my 3rd no-churn ice cream recipe on the blog, so I can attest that it’s the best (Hey! That rhythmed). This recipe is super adaptable too. Substitute the strawberry compote for other fruit flavored compotes or chutneys. I’ve even used chocolate sauce and Nutella before. Seriously, the recipe has so much creative leverage.

For the chocolate sauce I wanted to make it a bit boozy. I turned 21 in early May, so I bought my first bottle of Jack Daniels a few days after turning the big 2-1 (which was a great feeling!) The whiskey flavored played beautifully with the tart, bitterness of the dark chocolate. My original intention was to drizzle the sauce on top of the ice cream in a bowl of some sort. Luckily enough I found ice cream cones in my kitchen cabinet and decided to dip them in the sauce. OH MAN was it good! The combination of the sweet strawberry ice cream and the rich chocolate sauce made for a delicious sensation. This recipe is perfect for a backyard BBQ or weeknight dessert. Everything can be prepped ahead and stored in the freezer until needed.  Now that is summer done right!

drinks still life strawberries still life spring florals
Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen
Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen strawberries still life drinks still life drinks still life Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor KitchenStrawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen
Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor KitchenStrawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen
Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen
Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky dark chocolate sauce

Ingredients
            
For the strawberry compote
16 oz. strawberries, sliced
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey or 1 tablespoon honey + 1 tablespoon agave nectar
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon water + 1 teaspoon corn starch (optional)
           
For the ice cream-base
2 cups heavy cream
1 (14oz) can sweeten condensed milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
          
For the whiskey dark chocolate sauce – recipe adapted from here
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon whiskey
Pinch of salt


Directions

For the strawberry compote. Get the recipe for that here

For the ice cream base. Place a metal mixing bowl and metal whisk into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the heavy cream and mix on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 7-8 minutes.

Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix with a large wooden spoon or baking spatula until fully combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and chilled strawberry compote. Fold ingredients to combine. Transfer to a 9x5 loaf pan. Place in the freezer until set, about 6 hours.

For the dark chocolate sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, and cocoa powder until the mixture is lump free and evenly combined. Set aside.

In a sauce pan over medium heat, warm the milk, butter, and whiskey until the butter completely melts. Whisking continuously, add the bowl of dry ingredients. Turn the heat up to high and whisk constantly for 6 minutes (no less and no more). Remove from the heat and add a pinch of salt. Allow to cool before serving. Take the ice cream cones and dip into the dark chocolate sauce. Allow cones to firm up in the freezer before adding the ice cream. Serve immediately.



Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor KitchenStrawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen Strawberry compote no-churn ice cream with a whisky chocolate fudge sauce // TermiNatetor Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLOG HAS MOVED!!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Hello, friend.  TermiNatetor Kitchen has officially moved to Wix! to continue reading, please visit  http:/...