A Food Blogger’s Past: A Year in Pictures │ looking at my one year of food photography

Tea and Reflection


Last week, May 30th to be exact, I passed a very big milestone in my food blogger career; my first full year of photography! May 30th of 2014, exactly one year ago, I posted my first piece of food photography onto my Instagram and personal Facebook page. I never thought that one photo would turn into all of this. It has become an obsession. From launching TermiNatetor Kitchen to growing my brand as a content creator, I have grown and matured greatly in my one year of being a freelance food photographer and blogger. In honor of this milestone, I want to take a look back at some of my past photos and highlight some of my more recent ones. Each day I learn something new about light, styling, and cooking. I'm still a student, a beginner, an avid learner and a searcher of knowledge. 

Let’s take a look. 



__________________________________________________________

My First Piece of Food Photography 
This photo was taken on my IPhone 5 
IMG_1385

Life as a Newbie was Rough 

IMG_1464 IMG_1461


With time, I began to learn and improve 

IMG_1432 IMG_1542 


I learned about the power of natural light 
(and how to use it for good, instead of evil) 

IMG_1580 IMG_1595 IMG_1739
IMG_1827 IMG_1850 IMG_2380 IMG_0061



I upgraded to my Canon Powershot SX50

Meatball Grinder Coffee Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dutch Apple Pie Cookies
French Apple Pie Tart



I upgraded from Picasa 3 + Paint.Net
to Adobe Lightroom 6
&
Launched TermiNatetor Kitchen

Dough Garlic Bread Sticks Thai Baked Egg Rolls IMG_1221-2 Afternoon Latte Birthday Cinnamon Rolls


I started researching and learning, through trial-and-error, how natural and artificial lighting ACTUALLY work. 

Tiramisu
Pan-Seared Creamy Chicken Pasta Chicken Alfredo 


Finally, here is my current portfolio of work 

Cold Brew Coffee Cake with a Strawberry-Grapefruit Buttercream Cold Brew Coffee Cake with a Strawberry-Grapefruit Buttercream Chocolate Chip Cookies IMG_0249-2new The Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich with Cilantro Feta Pesto Butter Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich with Cilantro Feta Pesto Butter Southern-Style Moon Pies with a Cardamom-Marshmallow Buttercream Lemon & Poppy Seed Pancakes Lemon & Poppy Seed Pancakes Tea and Reflection

Looking back on where I was a year ago to where I am today, I can't help but thank God for all he is doing and will be doing in my life. He has given me a passion and obsession for food and photography, and I couldn't be more thankful for that. Food has changed my life for the better in so many ways. He used food, photography, and blogging to help me out of a really dark place in my life after my senior year of high school. He has helped me branch out with my stuttering, as well . Through His help, I'm able to take each day as a new opportunity to speak and be heard. He has wonderful plans for my life and I'm ready to take a leap of faith and challenge myself daily culinary, photography, and spiritual wise. Thank you to everyone who has ever liked, favorite, read, shared, and interacted with any form of my blog. Your endless support makes every step, word, and picture worth it. 

Until we speak again,

Shine on,

Nate 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLOG HAS MOVED!!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Hello, friend.  TermiNatetor Kitchen has officially moved to Wix! to continue reading, please visit  http:/...