Skillet Chicken Alfredo

Chicken Alfredo



Chicken Alfredo Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo Chicken Alfredo

Spontaneity is a word I came across when I began blogging. The word simply means “the state, quality, or fact of being spontaneous.” With food, we are given this opportunity to take the path less traveled, execute a few risks, and cook from the innermost part of our souls. Some of my favorite instances to cook are when I’m guided solely by the contents of my fridge/pantry and my imagination. Starting from a simple idea, an exotic flavor, or a new idea of tastes all together and being able to create something bold, beautiful, and ultimately delicious out of it make me feel immensely satisfied.  With my beloved cast iron skillet in hand (it’s become a real obsession, lately), I ventured out into the culinary unknown. 

This post is pretty spur of the moment. I wasn't planning on posting a recipe for this because it's just Chicken Alfredo. Doesn't everyone have a recipe for it? I feel like everyone does. That logic aside, I really liked how the photos turned out so I decided "well why not!" Chicken Alfredo is a culinary staple in my family. Alfredo is one my brother and I’s favorite food ever. Alfredo with a slide of homemade four cheese-crusted garlic bread by its side, edible heaven.When my family and I go to Vinny Vanucchi’s on our yearly family vacations up to Galena, IL, I always order the Chicken Alfredo. It’s seriously my favorite dish to eat out. The chicken is tender, the sauce is exquisite, and the atmosphere is quaint with an old Italian rustic feel. 

This particular recipe is a make-shift interpretation of Momma Crawford’s recipe because I didn’t have all the necessary ingredients for her exact recipe, so I adapted my own. This sauce is creamy, luscious, and perfect for a quick, weeknight dinner. 


Chicken Alfredo Chicken Alfredo

Chicken Alfredo Chicken Alfredo Chicken Alfredo Chicken Alfredo

_____________________________________________________________________

Midwest-Styled Creamy Chicken Alfredo

Ingredients
6-7 chicken breast, cut into strips
Olive oil, for searing
1 stick Butter
3 tablespoons Flour
½ cup White Wine
1 cups Milk
¾ cup half and half
½ cup Chicken Stock
½ cup Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Powder, to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Directions

Pre-step: Drink wine, because everything is better with wine.

Step One: Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Season one side of the chicken breast with onion salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Sear the seasoned side until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Season the other side while the first side is cooking. Flip the breast over and cook on the other side until an internal temperature reads above 165°F. Take off the heat and let cool before slicing.



Step Two: In the same cast iron skillet, add in a stick of butter and melt completely. Add in the flour to create a roux. Let the roux cook, about 1 minute. Gently whisk in the milk, half and half, and chicken stock. Allow to cook until boil and thicken to the desired consistency. Season the sauce with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add in the sliced chicken and stir well to combine. Sprinkle over some more grated Parmesan cheese and serve over fettuccine pasta.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BLOG HAS MOVED!!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Hello, friend.  TermiNatetor Kitchen has officially moved to Wix! to continue reading, please visit  http:/...